Open Education Week is taking place from 11-15 March 2013 online and in locally hosted events around the world. The purpose of Open Education Week is to raise awareness of the open education movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide. Participation in all events and use of all resources is free an open to anyone.
Open education is about sharing, reducing barriers and increasing access in education. It includes free and open access to platforms, to tools and to resources in education (such as learning materials, course materials, videos of lectures, assessment tools, research, study groups, textbooks, etc.). Open education seeks to create a world in which the desire to learn is fully met by the opportunity to do so and where everyone, everywhere is able to access affordable, educationally and culturally appropriate opportunities to gain whatever knowledge or training they desire.
Some online events that might be of interest for the AIMS Community are the following:
- Building Research Profile and Culture with Open Access (English)
- Learn about Creative Commons licenses and how they work (English)
- OER Commons Green: A Unique Lens on Open Environmental Education (English)
- Open Access policy development at the University of Pretoria: the why, what and how? (English)
- Why Open Access is Right for the World Bank (English)
- National policies of Open Access to scientific outputs in Argentina (English)
- Buenas prácticas en el uso de licencias para contenidos abiertos (Spanish)
- Políticas nacionales de Acceso Abierto en Argentina (Spanish)
- Re-Creative Commons (French)