|Courtesy: FlickR Photo Album|
Every year the World Water Day is held on 22 March and the theme of the forthcoming WWD is “Water and Food Security”. This World Water Day in 2012 is intended to draw the international attention on the relationships between water & food securityDuring this event, the international water community across the globe will focus major attention on the crucial link between water and agriculture. Read more.
This year the UN has published a brochure to sensitise the world on the importance and burning issues surrounding WATER.
Given the global importance of this event, the CWA seizes this opportunity to draw the urgent attention of the public on vital water issues. In fact, the CWA and its Parent Ministry (Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities) are planning a series of activities to mark the World Water Day in Mauritius. To mark the World Water Day 2010 a series of activities will be undertaken and these include:
- Organisation of a workshop and an exhibition at Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre, B. Village on 20, 21 and 22 March 2012
- Conducting of guided visits at CWA water treatment plants (La Marie etc)
- Two competitions targeted to upper primary and secondary student.
- Capture of Water by rain
- Judicious use of water in agriculture through the use of hydroponics, aeroponics and aquaponics
- Water for aquaculture production
- Monitoring water losses in agriculture for optimum soil water management
- Treating waste water with phytoremediated plants.
Check out this site to know more on water use to produce foo. Bon Appetit!!!!!!!!!
|Courtesy FlickR photos|